Job Title: Project Coordinator (ICT sector component)
The project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation Optim–Opportunities through technologies and innovation – is pleased to announce an opening for the position of Project Coordinator (ICT sector component) in the frame of the economic development project.
The Optim project is implemented by Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation. The employee will be contracted by Helvetas Moldova, the representation of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation based in Chisinau.
The project is in its first 4-year phase until the end of 2022, with the possible extension for another phase.
Short information about the project
The project “Opportunities through technologies and innovation in Moldova”- Optim is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), launched in Moldova in 2019. The project aims at supporting the economic development in the Republic of Moldova. Its primary objective is to bring improved employment and income opportunities for Moldovan women and men.
The approach applied by the project is called market systems development (MSD). This approach implies understanding the constraints faced by people in accessing or using services and products that could enable them to find a job or to generate income. The Optim project addresses these constraints by working with the existing stakeholders in the market. The approach builds on the available resources while focusing on the missing functions of the local business environment.
The project works through two sectors: agriculture and food processing and information and communication technologies (ICT), since the two sectors are important for the Moldovan economy in terms of their economic significance and their potential for creating economic opportunities.
Supporting the creation of employment opportunities through the ICT sector
Following the MSD approach, the Optim project works through the two sectors ICT and Agrifood. Through these two sectors, the project addresses market gaps to contribute to the creation of economic opportunities. In particular, the focus in work through the ICT sector is in developing the system in which training is available to Moldovan young women and men inclusively, in Chisinau and outside, as well as promoting services and products that would boost economic growth in Moldova.
The project coordinator is expected to continuously screen the sector, analyze market gaps, and forward ideas that contribute to the overall goal of the project, as well as manage interventions to the highest quality while striving for scalable results.
The Project Coordinator is expected to build a sound market analysis of the sector he/she works in. This is expected to be done through active collaboration with the stakeholders in the sector and building a network of contacts through continuous search and inquiry. The ideas the sector coordinator brings to the team must contribute to the impact goal of the project and have cohesion and synergy with other project initiatives and thus comply with the sector strategy.
The candidate applying to the position is required to familiarize herself/himself with the market systems development approach and lead the component with the project team to meet the expected results of the project, as well as ensure appropriate documentation of results and learnings. The following are the key tasks but not limited to Sector analysis, implementation, and oversight
- Lead the component of the project that is related to the ICT sector activities;
- Initiate and conduct necessary sector analysis and stakeholder assessment;
- Work closely with other team members to ensure synergies among project components;
- Work closely with the project partners to deliver high-quality intervention implementation and scalable and sustainable results;
- Contribute to the monitoring and results in measurement system of the project, but timely providing the quantitative and qualitative information and insights to the project monitoring and results in measurement focal point and project management;
- Contribute to the project semi-annual and annual reporting to donor;
- Contribute to preparation and provision of communication material short case studies, short project/activity description, success stories, etc., whenever requested.
- Ensure clear and transparent planning of monitoring and results measurement activities necessary to understand the impact and learn from the interventions to ensure the project is on track with its strategies and goals;
- Ensure that all internal/external reporting respects the standard formats and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to process and synthesize findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Highly motivated and results-driven person with the ability to work effectively independently and in the team;
- Fluent in Romanian, English, and Russian;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Prior experience in a similar position is desired;
- Knowledgeable about DCED standards is an asset;
- Ability to conduct qualitative research;
Education and experience
- University degree in economics, business studies or close;
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in similar positions/fields of work;
Please indicate at least two references in your CV or application.
The willing candidates must submit their CV and motivation letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. References will be checked.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply. We reserve the right to choose the most suitable candidate.
Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation is committed to achieving workforce diversity with regard to gender, ethnolinguistic background, age, etc. Individuals from different minority groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Phone calls will not be accepted, and any attempts will automatically disqualify the candidates from the process.